Tips on How to Care for Your Wedding Photographs
Your wedding is over, but your marriage is just beginning! You invested in getting professional photographs of your wedding day and now the question is how do I keep them safe for years to come? here are a few tips to help make sure your wedding photographs last a lifetime.
Tip #1 The USB
To make sure your USB and the photos on it last forever, we recommend that you:
- Make a back up of your photos onto another form of storage, either another USB, an external hard drive and not just onto your desktop.
- Keep the USB in a safe, dry place like a jewellery box, safety deposit box or in home safe.
- Always return the cap onto the USB as dust and particles and degrade the connection components.
Tip #2 The Web Gallery
I love delivering my clients photos on USBs but the web gallery makes sharing your photos with friends and family so much easier! But once the gallery expires then what?
- I recommend downloading all the photos as soon as possible. This way you wont have missed the deadline and have to pay to get the photos uploaded again also it allows you more time to download multiple times on different devises.
- Be sure to make a backup of all the images you downloaded. Do not leave them on your desktop or iPad. Make sure to download them to a USB or external hard drive.
- If your photographer offers both Web-gallery and USB options always opt to purchase both it will save your time and hassle later!
Tip #3 Prints
Printing can be a touchy subject because there are lots of places out there that will do a quick one-hour or less print for cheap. Please do not be fooled by these labs. They are great in a pinch, but chances are you paid a professional photographer to take stunning images of your wedding so why waste your money on cheap prints? Professional print labs are guaranteed to have the best quality and best archival papers to choose from! Invest the money, get stunning prints that will not fade, discolour or deteriorate over time. This goes for albums as well. Cheep albums will not hold up to a life time of sharing. Thin pages can tear, and fold. Low quality paper can fad and absorb figure stains. Cheap albums will have flimsy bindings that can separate over time and flimsy covers will not last and protect the pages and memories inside.
I know money during a wedding can be tight, but make sure to take the time and make the investment in your wedding photos. You will be happy you did for years to come.