Tips to help you enjoy your wedding day photography.
The Wedding day is a long day full of excitement and fun! But it is important to stay focused on the fun part to make sure you day is filled with nothing but wonderful memories.
- Make sure you get a restful nights sleep. We all know that it is an exciting time the day before the wedding and visiting with out-of-town guests is high on your priority list. But being well rested will help you look your best, ward off any dark circles around your eyes, and even help keep your complexion clear and glowing.
- Make sure you have snacks and lots of water on hand. Staying fed and hydrated will make you feel better and help you cope with the days emotional moments making for wonderful candid photographs to cherish later.
- Don’t over think the photography locations. Pick one nice location and let your photographer be inspired and creative with the surroundings. Doing too much traveling from location to location can add undo stress to you and your bridal party, it will also eat up precious photo time.
- Take moments for yourself. Allow yourself time out of the spotlight to breathe, meditate, touchup your hair and make-up or even steal some alone time with your new Husband. This will make the day feel more intimate and relaxing!
- Engagement sessions are a great way to workout any nerves you might have standing in front of a camera. Plan one with your chosen photographer so you get to know them better. This way they feel more like part of your friends during the day and this will help make the photographer less of a focus for you and your groom on the day of your wedding.
- Make sure to work with professionals in their field. They will be able to navigate obstacles in your wedding timeline with grace because they have had plenty of experience with wedding day blunders before. This will allow you to focus on the celebrations, chat with guests and relax.
- Don’t sweat the weather! No one can control it, so let your photographer assist you on what to do if rain or snow falls on your wedding day. Most photographers are use to working in the elements and have the gear to get them through the photo session. Your photos will be more unique and fun if you trust the professional you hired and ignore what is falling from the clouds above.
- Focus on the reason you are hosting the wedding in the first place. You love your significant other with all your heart, be sure to share in the fun, emotions and the love the two of you are celebrating. Your photos will be more natural if you do!